11 March 2005

hello

Welcome to my blog.

Why MyTonic? My original idea was to call this site Quinine, a name I've always envisioned displayed on the back of my grand yacht with a shiny navy blue hull, the fabulous Lady Miss Quinine. Unfortunately I've yet to purchase the yacht, and someone else out there has taken my fine name and used it for their own blog. So, not feeling especially creative, it didn't take me long to come up with the next best, simple alternative--Tonic. It's bubbly, fun, sweet and sharp. Traditional yet classically modern (or so I like to think). And blends oh so well with gin while preventing scurvy at the same time (truly amazing among mixers).

As I understand blogging, this is where I'll post observations, commentary and tidbits of information you may or may not find interesting. And while blogs are being heralded as the new information medium that will rescue us all from sanitized network news, I'm not planning on saving any lives or exposing corrupt politicians with this blog (although that would be nice). This will be a smart, frivolous place, with meaning, yet totally superficial. As MyTonic's content owner, I should let you know I relish in the utter irony of just about everything. In politics. Fashion. Literature. Status. Religion. Entertainment. I do however, take food and design quite seriously. Cars too. Parentheses are my favorite punctuation marks.

So fill a glass with some ice, pour in a generous shot of your favorite spirit, finish with crisp quinine-laden tonic, and treat whatever ails you with a smile on your face and warmth in your belly.

Cheers.

No comments: